Winter • 2021/22
Health & Safety
Dave Moldon, CSO - Profile and Discussion
Taking Industra to the Highest Level
- If you take care of the little things, and pay attention to detail, the big things will take care of themselves.
- Do more listening than talking to get ideas and buy-in.
- Everyone wants to do the right thing, some people just need to be shown and/or reminded more than others.
- Be adaptable and keep an open mind. The construction industry has changed considerably over the last 20 years and will likely continue to evolve.
- Learning from mentors and your industry peers is fundamental to your development.
- Achieving a COR audit rating of 93 percent for three consecutive years.
- Built a comprehensive OHS&E Program.
- Implemented a robust safety and quality control system using the Procore project management system.
- Developed an online Onboarding Orientation for employees and subcontractors.
- Developed an online WHMIS 2015 Worker Training module.
- Switched from a paper-based system to online reporting for all safety and quality control reporting.
Work to be Done
Projects - Completed or Nearing Completion
Anacla Community Wastewater Treatment System
Huu-Ay-Aht First Nations • Bamfield, BC
Clearbrook Water Storage Reservoir Replacement
Clearbrook Waterworks District • Abbotsford, BC
Lake Louise Pipestone Waterline Crossing - Banff National Park
Parks Canada • Lake Louise, BC
City of Rossland • Rossland, BC
Nelson Street Booster Pump Station
TAG Construction for Polygon Homes • Mission, BC
Projects - New and Continuing
Chilliwack Non-Linear Utilities Design-Build
City of Chilliwack • Chilliwack, BC
Boundary Road Pump Station Replacement and Lift Station Upgrades
City of New Westminster • New Westminster, BC
Rocky Point Water System Upgrade
Capital Regional District • Metchosin, BC
Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre Wastewater Lift Station
University of Victoria • Bamfield, BC
Steveston Building 8 Substructure Fire Sprinkler Rehabilitation Zone 3
Fisheries and Oceans Canada • Richmond, BC
Consultant: Aplin Martin, Surrey, BC
NE Albion Maple Ridge Sanitary Pump Station
Gemco Construction for Epic NE Albion Homes • Maple Ridge, BC
This new project involves the construction of a sanitary pump station for a newly developed residential area in Maple Ridge. The new pump station includes three (3) 50 HP submersible pumps, stainless steel process piping, a 250 m3 concrete underground overflow storage tank, and new wood frame building with sheet metal roofing.
Consultant: Aplin Martin, Surrey, BC
Tunstall Bay Reservoir Upgrade
Bowen Island Municipality • Bowen Island, BC
Construction of a new potable water storage reservoir to service the Tunstall Bay community on Bowen Island. The proposed concept includes supply and assembly of a new above-ground glass-fused bolted steel reservoir on a concrete foundation. The proposed reservoir site has been selected to be adjacent to the existing Tunstall Bay Reservoir and will have a volume of 595 m3, which is a quarter the size of the Harvey Creek Reservoir (pictured below) we built in nearby Lions Bay in 2019.
Correctional Service of Canada and Province of BC Ministry of Citizens Service Real Property Division, Greater Vancouver, BC
Consultants: MGBA Architecture and Interior Design, Vancouver, BC and MQN Architects, Vernon, BC
New People and Roles
We are pleased to welcome the following people to the Industra team in the last three months.
- Jeremy Lane, Superintendent
- Nelson Rodriguez, Estimator (Victoria)
- Priscilla Robles, Accounts Payable Clerk
- Matthew Mounce, Superintendent (Victoria)
- Drayden Dougan, Project Coordinator
- Dave Moldon, HSE & Project Lead
- Dakota Matson, Superintendent
- Matt Quinn moved from Mechanical Superintendent to Project Manager, located in Victoria Office.
Since 2015, Industra has been supporting the Soles 4 Souls campaign, raising more than 100,000 pair of shoes to date. All shoes are donated to those less fortunate in more than 127 countries around the world.
Help us wear out poverty by simply re-purposing your gently worn shoes.