Summer • 2022
Table of Contents• Feature Article • Projects Nearing Completion • New Projects • New People and Roles
Coming together for Anacla and Bamfield: The Story behind the Anacla Community Wastewater Treatment System
Projects - Completed or Nearing Completion
Various Correctional Institutions Renovations
Correctional Service of Canada and Province of BC Ministry of Citizens Service Real Property Division, Greater Vancouver, BC
Boundary Road Pump Station Replacement and Lift Station Upgrades
City of New Westminster • New Westminster, BC
NE Albion Maple Ridge Sanitary Pump Station
Gemco Construction for Epic NE Albion Homes • Maple Ridge, BC
This new project involves the construction of a sanitary pump station for a newly developed residential area in Maple Ridge. The new pump station includes three (3) 50 HP submersible pumps, stainless steel process piping, a 250 m3 concrete underground overflow storage tank, and new wood frame building with sheet metal roofing.
Chilliwack Non-Linear Utilities Design-Build
City of Chilliwack • Chilliwack, BC
Saanich Wastewater Treatment Plant Concrete Repairs
Capital Regional District • Saanich, BC
Repair Vault and Steam Lines and Asbestos Abatement
Defence Construction Canada • Esquimalt, BC
Port Ellice Bridge Improvements
City of Victoria • Victoria, BC
Projects - New and Continuing
Rocky Point Water System Upgrade
Capital Regional District • Metchosin, BC
CSC - Various Correctional Institutions, BC – Perimeter Fence Upgrades
Correctional Service Canada • Agassiz, Mission and Abbotsford, BC
- Kent and Mountain Institutions (Agassiz, BC)
- Mission Medium Institution (Mission, BC)
- Matsqui and Pacific Institutions (Abbotsford, BC)
Port Stalashen Wastewater
Sechelt Indian Government District • Sechelt, BC
Gold River RCMP Detachment Building
Royal Canadian Mounted Police • Gold River, BC
Goldstream Gatehouse Construction
Capital Regional District • Victoria, BC
Construction of a 64 square meter, one-story wood frame, slab on grade building, removal, grading and paving of new driving and parking space, reconfigured drainage works, new and reconfigured electrical service, security service, new swim arm gates and a manual rolling gate, reconfiguration and new fencing. The work will include preparation of shop drawings and as-constructed drawings and coordination with the Owner to maintain security and operations at the existing guardhouse.
New Westminster Armoury Perimeter Improvements
Defence Construction Canada • New Westminster, BC
- Wood fire escape landing and stairs replaced with steel composite decking and steel framing.
- Existing upper and lower wood decks replaced with a new concrete composite slab supported on steel framing.
- Construction of new retaining wall.
- Installation of new storm water catch basin and oil water separator connected to the storm sewer.
- Demolition of existing storage shed and construction of new storage shed.
- Replacement of existing HPS flood lights with new LED flood lights and installation of a new light post and luminaire.
- Extension of the existing power feed for parking lot luminaires.
- Demolition of branch circuit feeder for the existing storage shed luminaires.
- Repairs to existing trench drain and catch basin by garage door of Armoury Building.
- New asphalt and concrete curb.
- Install new perimeter fence and gate to re-establish secure site with new railing at top of wall.
Tunstall Bay Reservoir Upgrade
Bowen Island Municipality • Bowen Island, BC
Gibsons Groundwater Well No. 6
Town of Gibsons • Gibsons, BC
- Construct a 25.5 m2 well house including chlorine disinfection and backup power.
- Install emergency generator, electrical equipment, and pad mounted transformer.
- Install approximately 25 metres of 100mm watermain and 30 metres of 200mm watermain and appurtenances.
- Install approximately 10 metres of 100 mm sanitary sewer and tie into existing sanitary.
- Tie watermain into existing 200mm watermain.
- Develop water production well.
Mission Institution Watermain Replacement
Public Works and Government Services Canada • Mission, BC
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation Duplex and Fourplex Modular Housing Units
Northwest Territories Housing Corporation • Yellowknife, NT
Deline Arena Upgrade
Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government • Délı̨nę, NT
Housing Northwest Territories • Tulita, NT
Northern Industrial Construction is currently building a fourplex in Tulita, NT. NIC is working with local contractors, MYB Construction and Alpha Construction for this project. Currently, piling is nearing completion.
Kent Institution Tunnel Exhaust and Ventilation Upgrade
Public Works and Government Services Canada • Agassiz, BC
General Construction Services Standing Offer Agreement
Public Works and Government Services Canada • All of BC
BC Hydro Salmon Hatchery
BC Hydro • Coquitlam, BC
Argyle Sanitary Forcemain Somass River Crossing
City of Port Alberni • Port Alberni, BC
New People and Roles
We are pleased to welcome the following people to the Industra team.
- Omar El-Bettar, Project Coordinator
- Dean Neuburger, Director, OHS&E
- Kelly Kim, Project Coordinator
- Prab Sekhon, Estimator
- Dean Parsons, Superintendent
- Shawn Burghall, Superintendent
- Alex Rodriguez, Superintendent
- Harry Kim, Senior Estimator
- Rinka De Oliveira, Accounts Payable Clerk/Office Assistant
- Dave Moldon moved to Project Manager from Director, OHS&E.